Skip to main content

News!

Last week, after a very emotional week and learning to give some grace to myself (something I really lack most days), we got our application in to the adoption consultant that we had prayed and chosen to go with Friday morning.  

I immediately got the "automatic reply" email saying that it would take up to 14 days to hear back from them as to whether they accept us as client.  They take that time to pray over the applications before responding.  I love that!  I was so excited to potentially work with a company that actually prays over whether to accept you as clients.  It means that they actually CARE about each of their clients.  What a business practice, huh?

Yesterday, I was having an absolute CRAZY day at work.  In the middle of doing a couple other things (including trying to get in touch with my husband to meet the refrigerator repair guy), I noticed that I had an email.  I'm not sure what made me decide to check it at that moment, but I did.

Boy, did I get a shock.

It was an email from the adoption consultants that we turned in our application to just three and a half days before.  The subject line read, "Application Approval!!!"

I got so excited!  I jumped up and ran over to my co-worker.  Then I said, "No, I can't tell you yet!"  So I hurriedly called Matt and told him the wonderful news.

I left for lunch a few minutes later.  I was in awe of how God is moving already in our adoption process.  I sat in my car and cried and prayed and thanked God for His goodness and blessings.

Today, I am thankful.  I don't know what God has in store, but I can tell you that He is in deed working in this process.  He is making His plan so clear for us right now.

As I was doing my devotion this morning before I left for work, this scripture popped out to me:

Colossians 1:9-12 (ESV) - For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

What a beautiful prayer for fellow believers, right?  I thought so too.

As we continue on this journey for our adoption, I ask that you pray for us.  

Pray that we be "filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding" (v.9).

Pray that we "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord to please Him in all respects" (v.10).

This is such a huge step for us, as it is for any family.  We desire your prayers for God's direction and provision.  

Join us in trusting God to make this happen in His perfect timing.

If you feel led to donate, please visit: paypal.me/GrowingOurVillage

Thank you for reading.

In God, 
Emily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle

So I am going to be honest. I have been struggling to be faithful in studying my bible. For awhile. I have been reading it. But in the loosest sense of that word as well. I skim the words to mark of that I read it for that day. (Google Images) In the coming year, I do not want to focus on reading so much as I want to learn how to study the bible. For real. I want to dig into God's word, grow closer to Him, and learn how to listen not just talk at Him. So as I work on being selfless in my prayer life (see my previous post), I am also going to work on studying. There is no way that I am going to continue to grow closer to God if I do not learn how to study His Word. I want to ask you to share any ways that you have that help you to study God's Word. Please leave comments below. Thanks for reading. In God, Emily

Heart to Heart

Today, at my college, there was a chapel convo for us to attend. It was not mandatory, but we do have to go to five per semester. I was not planning on going, but I had a friend invite me to go with her at the last minute. I figured, "Well, I might as well. At least I will have someone to sit with." I had no idea that God was planning on using the speaker to speak to me about a situation that I am dealing with right now. The speaker talked about how we need to give back to God the "stuff" in our lives, to dedicate what God has given to us back to Him. I have been struggling with a decision the last couple of days and I realized that I cannot control the outcome on my own. I also realized that I had not given my heart completely to God before that moment. I was expecting God to show me what to do in the situation when I had yet to surrender fully to Him. I realize now that God will lead me and guide me to the right man some day, but first I had to give

God's Beauty... From a Unique Perspective

Hello there! I recently got some pictures printed and I realized the beauty that I had witnessed. So here it is! These are some pictures from when I went to Seattle in December. The above picture was taken out the window of the plane as I was flying back to TN. The sunset was the most beautiful sunset I'd ever seen. Here's another picture of the same beautiful sunset, taken a few minutes later. This picture was taken out of my best friend's back window one morning when it was foggy outside. I love the way that the fog settled in the trees. I think it is such a showing of God's art work. "And God said, 'Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.' And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seen according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that i