Skip to main content

"I See You"

A lot has happened in the last few months.  I may post more of an update on that later, but, for your information, we picked up our daughter right before Thanksgiving.

As our daughter has grown, my husband has found a sure way to make her giggle that adorable little laugh.  EVERY TIME.  He looks at her and simply says, “I see you!”  I love to hear that little giggle.  It could go on for days.  Matt looks at her and says it.  She giggles.  He pulls back and then leans in again.  He repeats the words.  She giggles.  

As I was thinking and contemplating this the other day, it came to me.  That is what every little girl wants – to be seen by her daddy.

How true this is for every child of God as well.  We want to know that we are seen by God. 

What better way to love someone than by letting them know that they are SEEN.

In an age of text messages and social distancing, do we really SEE people?  Do we show them the love of God by actually looking in their eyes?

For me personally, it is such a struggle sometimes to put down my phone and look my husband in the eye to hear what he is trying to tell me.  Is what I’m looking at more important than what my husband is trying to tell me?  Absolutely not.  

What could be more important than letting the people that we encounter each day see that we are looking them in the eyes and affirming them as people?

We want the very same thing from God, don’t we? 

Psalm 33:18-22 tells us, “Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love, that he may deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.”

Proverbs 20:12 says, “The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both.” 

We were made in His image, correct?  So that leads me to believe that He also has eyes to see us.

1 Samuel 16:7 says, “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.””

God SEES us!  What hope there is in that!  We can trust that God sees us.  He knows each one of us.  He loves each one of us.

John 3:16 tells us that, “For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”

If you haven’t taken that step to salvation, you can today.  Know that you are a sinner.  Trust that Jesus died on the cross for your sins.  Believe that Jesus rose three days after His death and ascended to the Father in heaven.  Ask Him to be Lord and Savior in your life.


Then get plugged in to a bible believing church and dive into God’s Word to learn more about what He says and how much He loves you.

Thanks for reading.

In God, 
Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle

So I am going to be honest. I have been struggling to be faithful in studying my bible. For awhile. I have been reading it. But in the loosest sense of that word as well. I skim the words to mark of that I read it for that day. (Google Images) In the coming year, I do not want to focus on reading so much as I want to learn how to study the bible. For real. I want to dig into God's word, grow closer to Him, and learn how to listen not just talk at Him. So as I work on being selfless in my prayer life (see my previous post), I am also going to work on studying. There is no way that I am going to continue to grow closer to God if I do not learn how to study His Word. I want to ask you to share any ways that you have that help you to study God's Word. Please leave comments below. Thanks for reading. In God, Emily

Heart to Heart

Today, at my college, there was a chapel convo for us to attend. It was not mandatory, but we do have to go to five per semester. I was not planning on going, but I had a friend invite me to go with her at the last minute. I figured, "Well, I might as well. At least I will have someone to sit with." I had no idea that God was planning on using the speaker to speak to me about a situation that I am dealing with right now. The speaker talked about how we need to give back to God the "stuff" in our lives, to dedicate what God has given to us back to Him. I have been struggling with a decision the last couple of days and I realized that I cannot control the outcome on my own. I also realized that I had not given my heart completely to God before that moment. I was expecting God to show me what to do in the situation when I had yet to surrender fully to Him. I realize now that God will lead me and guide me to the right man some day, but first I had to give

God's Beauty... From a Unique Perspective

Hello there! I recently got some pictures printed and I realized the beauty that I had witnessed. So here it is! These are some pictures from when I went to Seattle in December. The above picture was taken out the window of the plane as I was flying back to TN. The sunset was the most beautiful sunset I'd ever seen. Here's another picture of the same beautiful sunset, taken a few minutes later. This picture was taken out of my best friend's back window one morning when it was foggy outside. I love the way that the fog settled in the trees. I think it is such a showing of God's art work. "And God said, 'Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.' And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seen according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that i