Skip to main content

Picking Us Up?

I know it has been awhile since my last post. I have been very busy with my first semester of college. Now that it is complete, I hope to blog this winter and continue into the Spring semester.

Alot has happened since the beginning of September. God has shown me ALOT. And I have struggled with alot. But God is showing me that even now, I need to rely only on HIM. I cannot rely on people because they will fail me every time. I had to learn that the hard way this semester.

In this blog I want to talk about Ezekiel. I know that this is not often a book and is spoken of when people talk of what God has shown them. But a few weeks ago as I was reading through Ezekiel, I found something that God was just preparing my heart to hear (read).

Even at the time that I was reading it, I was not ready to hear it, but I knew that God wanted me to understand something in those verses, so I went ahead and wrote down the chapter to come back to later.

Well, that later happened last night. I was finishing up my reading of Ezekiel and decided it was time to go back to the verses that God had pointed out to me.

My stickie note that I had written on was not very helpful. It read, "Find other reference Ezekiel 3:24. God picks up our feet when we are too overwhelmed to do it ourselves."

Last night, as I was trying to find the reference that I referred to, I came across much more in this part of scripture. Ezekiel 2 and 3 held truths about God that He revealed through His Word.

Ezekiel 2:2 says, "As He spoke to me, the Spirit entered me and set me on my feet..."Chapter 3, verse 24 says the exact same thing, "The Spirit entered me and set me on my feet."

These are referring to two different occasions. Twice Ezekiel chooses to mention that the Spirit (of God; the Holy Spirit) puts him back on his feet, using the same words. This shows to me that God is there, no matter when we need Him. Over and over, God will pick us up, no matter how many pieces we may be in, and put us back on our feet.

Again, twice in chapter 3 (verses 12 and 14) Ezekiel says, "The Spirit lifted me up [and took me away]." (Bracketed words are from the second verse only.)

Again, this is God showing me that He will always be there to pick me up, whenever I need Him.

Even though these verses speak little in the way of words, they speak multitudes to me in the way of meaning. To know that God will be always be there (even though I already knew it) means much to me. The reassurance of God's love and presence has helped to accept some of the things that I have gone through recently.

I thank God that He uses His WORD, His living WORD, to speak to me and comfort me in my times of need. I thank Him for the many blessing He pours over me each and every day.

Thanks for reading. I hope it made sense (since I'm a bit out of practice).

In God, Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggle

So I am going to be honest. I have been struggling to be faithful in studying my bible. For awhile. I have been reading it. But in the loosest sense of that word as well. I skim the words to mark of that I read it for that day. (Google Images) In the coming year, I do not want to focus on reading so much as I want to learn how to study the bible. For real. I want to dig into God's word, grow closer to Him, and learn how to listen not just talk at Him. So as I work on being selfless in my prayer life (see my previous post), I am also going to work on studying. There is no way that I am going to continue to grow closer to God if I do not learn how to study His Word. I want to ask you to share any ways that you have that help you to study God's Word. Please leave comments below. Thanks for reading. In God, Emily

Heart to Heart

Today, at my college, there was a chapel convo for us to attend. It was not mandatory, but we do have to go to five per semester. I was not planning on going, but I had a friend invite me to go with her at the last minute. I figured, "Well, I might as well. At least I will have someone to sit with." I had no idea that God was planning on using the speaker to speak to me about a situation that I am dealing with right now. The speaker talked about how we need to give back to God the "stuff" in our lives, to dedicate what God has given to us back to Him. I have been struggling with a decision the last couple of days and I realized that I cannot control the outcome on my own. I also realized that I had not given my heart completely to God before that moment. I was expecting God to show me what to do in the situation when I had yet to surrender fully to Him. I realize now that God will lead me and guide me to the right man some day, but first I had to give

God's Beauty... From a Unique Perspective

Hello there! I recently got some pictures printed and I realized the beauty that I had witnessed. So here it is! These are some pictures from when I went to Seattle in December. The above picture was taken out the window of the plane as I was flying back to TN. The sunset was the most beautiful sunset I'd ever seen. Here's another picture of the same beautiful sunset, taken a few minutes later. This picture was taken out of my best friend's back window one morning when it was foggy outside. I love the way that the fog settled in the trees. I think it is such a showing of God's art work. "And God said, 'Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.' And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seen according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that i